Thursday, May 19, 2011

MOTHER NATURE, WHY ALL THE WATER?

I ALWAYS THOUGHT APRIL WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING SPRING SHOWERS
AND MAY WAS TO BRING MAY FLOWERS?


SO FAR THIS SPRING WE HAVE HAD MOSTLY WET WEATHER, SNOW AND RAIN.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

During the first spring of this year (March 15th)
Luana planted the tulips Janaye gave us last year
in hopes of an early showing.

At first we thought they had not survived our
third winter(April 3rd) because the HOA tulips
started to bloom around April 22nd
and we had nothing to show for her work.




But alas, a week ago they began to pop out
of mother earth, and today they are just about
to open up and show their true colors of
white, pink, and orange.




That brings us to this years garden.

So far nothing has started to grow
mainly because of the snow and all around
bad weather, I guess only time will tell.
So far, about the only thing growing
in the garden area is weeds
and there are truly lots of those.



I have always been told, 'plant them and they will grow' so I have done just that.

Perhaps I will need to put out my favorite sign in the garden to
encourage it to have a little respect and to show us how it is done.



For 2011, -- HERE IS TO THE GARDENER IN ALL OF US!
Just remember, it does not matter how small the seed,
Mother Nature always prevails.

No comments: