Monday, January 03, 2011

FUN FACTS ABOUT OUR BYU GRANDKIDS.


Anna likes to make cookies for her roomies and any boys that show up at her apartment.

Laura likes to cook, and she will just about make anything you ask her to.

Jaron likes to cook, and he is not afraid to tell you about it.

Do you see a trend here.

When Anna and Laura was getting ready to go home for the holidays they decided to take their dirty clothing home in their suitcases so they could wash it at home.

Now Jaron had other issues. When we got to the airport I pulled his big old fat suitcase out of the trunk of the car and he headed for the check-in line. He asked his grandmother to go in with him and I drove to the Park-N-Wait, to guess what, you got it, wait. Even before I got parked Luana called me and told me I needed to came back because Jaron's suitcase was 12lbs over weight and it was going to cost him $97 for the extra weight so she told the ticket clerk we will be right back and they headed back out side and I headed back to the drop-off area where they were waiting for me.

We opened his suitcase and he started pulling everything out, let see, he had two pairs of slippers, lots of pants, shirts, sweat shirts, and etc. He had decided he was going to take just about every single thing in his dorm closet back home so he could sort everything out and bring back only things he really needed.

Now when we got to the bottom of the suitcase, right there in the middle of everything was something Luana and I could hardly believe, his Sunday go-to-meeting ties, every last one of them and the best part is this, he told us he needed all of this ties, so he grabbed the entire tie rack with every tie still on it and threw the whole kit-and-kaboodle in with all his clothes. You say What?

So we removed all of the superfluous articles of clothing, all his ties but one, tie-rack, extra slippers, about ten plastic hangers(the big fat clear ones that you get in the clothing stores), his scriptures, and a few other things and deposited them in the trunk of our car. Jaron proceeded to repacked his suitcase, this time with only things he really needed to take, and we sent him and grandma back into the terminal and I headed for the Park-N-Wait for the second time.

Again I drove all the way around the south side of the Airport to wait, and I did not even get a chance to park when again Luana called me back to the drop-off area. So away I went again.

At least this time it was good news, Jaron had check in and this time his bag was only 48lbs(max is 50) and he was on his way through security and to the Sky West concourse, with no more problems.

I guess we should not pick on Jaron because he was a little spacey that night because I remember the time when Luana and I had our own funny experience. You see we sent a pair of battery operated heated socks to Jon Paul to wear on those cold cold days in England while he was on his mission. Boy was he surprised when he tried them out the first time and found that when we packed them somehow we left the batteries turned on. I guess you could say the socks made it to England all nice and toasty warm, that is until the batteries ran out of juice.

It is just a good thing we love our children and our grand kids and that they love us too because with all the crazy things we do to each other, life could get a little strange.

I can hear you thinking about that last statement.

No comments: