THIS IS WHAT OUR GARDEN LOOKS LIKE WHILE
WAITING FOR THE WINTER WEATHER TO SET IN.
SO EMPTY. SO ALONE. SO NOT GREEN. SO SAD.
WAITING FOR THE WINTER WEATHER TO SET IN.
SO EMPTY. SO ALONE. SO NOT GREEN. SO SAD.
By the way, our HOA charges us $50 if we don't totally clean up our garden spots by November 12, plus we would not be able to rent a spot for next year as a bonus.
Most of us cleaned up our garden areas by the due date but I counted 6 or 7 plots that were not cleared, and these families will not be with us next year to try their hands in the community gardens. Too much work to finish the job I guess.
One thing I noticed this year was the number of people who went to the effort to rent, clear, fertilize, plant and water all spring long, and then just as the plants start to show their little green faces through the soil, the work stopped, the weeds took over the garden, and everything died, such a waste of time and effort to just give up like that.
Most of us cleaned up our garden areas by the due date but I counted 6 or 7 plots that were not cleared, and these families will not be with us next year to try their hands in the community gardens. Too much work to finish the job I guess.
One thing I noticed this year was the number of people who went to the effort to rent, clear, fertilize, plant and water all spring long, and then just as the plants start to show their little green faces through the soil, the work stopped, the weeds took over the garden, and everything died, such a waste of time and effort to just give up like that.
It does give me pause to think about all of the farmers of the World and for all they do for each one of us each day. It may be just a job for many of them, but it gives us a chance to partake of their bounty.
THANK YOU FARMERS EVERYWHERE.

No comments:
Post a Comment